Why do so many people consume healthy smoothies on a regular basis? there are so many reasons, but hey ! We thought it would be fun and helpful for others to collect all of the more popular reasons into one spot. Initially, I planned on covering the top 10 reasons, but once I got going I realized 10 wouldn’t do justice to healthy smoothies.
While many of the reasons below are associated with a particular health benefit, several others made the list. After reading this I think you’ll be convinced that developing the habit of making healthy smoothies on a daily basis is an excellent investment of your time and money.
- Get your daily allowance of fruits and vegetables. Consuming the daily recommendations of fruits and vegetables can be a challenge. Blending a couple of servings of each into a smoothie helps ensure you meet your body’s daily nutritional needs.
- Quick and easy. Making your own nutrient dense smoothie doesn’t take as long as preparing most meals, giving you more time for others things. Taking a smoothie with you is an additional convenient option.
- Kids like smoothies. Getting your kids to eat healthy foods is not always easy. Fortunately, most kids love the taste of a creamy smoothie naturally sweetened by fruit or a good sweetener like honey, maple syrup, or stevia. You can even hide veggies in your kid’s smoothies that they would never eat on their own. For more info on kid friendly smoothies.
- Easier weight loss. There are a number of weight loss programs that promote replacing a meal with a liquid drink. Provide your body with all the vitamins and minerals it needs via smoothies, cut out the weight gaining crap from your diet, and watch the pounds melt away. Lose weight easier than before and slim down the healthy way with diet smoothies.
- Improved digestion. Nobody I know wants to experience constipation or indigestion. Let your blender “chew” your food and ease the burden on your digestive system while you simultaneously consume plenty of dietary fiber to ensure excellent digestion.
- Delicious. Yes, eating healthy and tasting great can go hand in hand. With so many recipes to choose from, finding one or more pleasing to your palate is a breeze.
- Detox. We’re exposed to and bombarded by thousands of man-made chemicals in today’s world, which leaves our body begging to detoxify. Give your digestive system a break while adding detoxifying ingredients like dandelion greens and kale into your smoothies to aid your body’s detoxification processes.
- Build muscle and improve athletic performance. Provide your body with the nutrients it needs to excel during athletic competition, and recover and rebuild after working out. It’s easier for your body to absorb and assimilate the nutrients in a smoothie as opposed to a meal.
- Reach your own personal health goals. Tailor your smoothies to meet your desired health goals.
- Beauty. Think radiant skin, hair, and nails. Supply your body with the vitamins and minerals it requires to grow healthier hair and make your skin glow. sumptuous sliced berry fruits
- Healthy eating education. By learning what constitutes a healthy smoothie, you’ll also educate yourself on what comprises a healthy diet. This will allow you to make better decisions when the blender isn’t around. You’ll be more confident in your food choices.
- Strengthen your immune system. Getting sick is no fun. Reduce the number of times you get sick (if at all) and lesson the severity by empowering your immune system.
- Deeper sleep. Improving your health by consuming healthy smoothies almost always results in better sleep at night.
- Meal flexibility. You can consume a smoothie at any meal, not just breakfast. No time for lunch, grab or make a quick smoothie.
- Healthy ingredients galore. The number of healthy ingredients available for smoothies is practically limitless. After your basic fruits and vegetables, you can add an array of the various spices, herbs, super foods, and other health foods. The possibilities and combinations are endless.
- Energy. Supply your body with the right fuel for more energy in the short and long term.
- Empowerment. Take control of your health through simple and delicious healthy smoothies.
- Reduce cravings. We all crave sweets and unhealthy foods from time to time. Reduce those cravings, or better yet, replace what you would normally splurge on with a healthy alternative.
- Brain boost. Give your brain all the vitamins and nutrients it needs to improve your mental clarity, focus, and memory. Say goodbye to brain fog.
- Happiness. Experience a renewed sense of calm and well-being that good health leads to. Be in a good mood all the time.
- Fun! Many people including myself find creating smoothies to be rather enjoyable. You can think of yourself as a modern day alchemist mixing and matching various smoothie ingredients.
As you are now aware, routinely consuming healthy smoothies is beneficial for a number of reasons. This habit has personally helped some people on their journey to better health. What benefits have you experienced from healthy smoothie consumption?
This list is not exhaustive. If there are any reasons you consume smoothies that aren’t included above, feel free to share them in the comments below